20 Feb 2015

WIP - Hearing Aid Friendly Hat

Since making the baby bonnets I’ve been thinking about making Freja some BAHA friendly hats. So far I’ve only done some sketching and I thought I had a pretty good idea of how to make it work. Up until we went to audiology the other week for Freja’s routine check-up and got some really good news. Because they had received some extra funding to help children like Freja she’ll be fitted with two BAHA’s later this spring. That is absolutely amazing news because essentially it means she’ll be able to localise where sound is actually coming from. With one aid it’s not possible. However, that has left me with some more thinking and sketching to do. As simple as it sounds it’s proven trickier than I thought, especially having to take two aids in to the equation instead of one. Above are some small drawings of my thoughts so far. We’ll see how it goes.

No comments: