10 Feb 2015

A Tea Cosy for John


I didn’t mean to go so quiet. James had some time off and we were busy being a family. Going to playgrounds, playgroups and the library. Letting Freja run around to her hearts content. That sort of thing. Now grandpa is visiting and James is off again. If it means more time for Mamma Bessant to catch up on… well pretty much everything, I’m not so sure. But a little sewing time have been appreciated now that I have got my electric sewing machine pedal working again. After being without for over six months it feels like such a freedom having it back. Perhaps it’s a little silly but my am I happy to have it back in good working order!

There’s nothing wrong with my hand powered one seam only Singer but when you have to plan and plot French seams into every project it gets a little limiting after a while. Anyhow, father-in-law wanted a new tea cosy for his little tea pot. I said can do and made this in an evening. Not a favourite fabric of mine but the in-law picked it and is happy with it, so I’m happy too. Both the outer and the lining fabric is recycled.

Tehuva till svärfar.

3 comments:

Dalkullan said...

Nice colors, I would have picked them too. Glad you got some time to yourself. Regards to all!

Fiff said...

Jag älskar ordet tea-cosy! :-)
Mycket fin blev den! Och du hann ju sy mycket annat fint också ;-) Tacktack!

Lisbet said...

Fin! Jag hade helt lyckats missa att du var igång och bloggade igen, så nu har jag fått läsa igenom i alla fall ett år...