25 Aug 2010

Do it!

I can't say I've been very arty lately. It has to do with space and with materials to be honest. But as always, sooner or later, I end up simply having to. Frustrated and almost irritated because sometimes that's just the way it is I forced myself to do something. After spending the day paralyzed, at least mentaly and action wise, I ended up doing the watercolour above with a palette knife last night.

I haven't even drawn much lately. Not in my little pocket note book either so the other night I did this one. It's alright I guess. Drawing feels awkward though so I really should do it more often.

Oh yes, some of you know of my facination... cake papers. Or at least my love for drawing/painting on them. So in the last couple of days style I had to do something on one of them too. Hopefully I'll get back in the arty swing after all the exercise these past few days. We'll see...

Tomorrow I fly to Sweden again. So there might be a couple of days silence (unless i get hyper creative over there). Have a blast!

2 comments:

ninaemilia said...

Kul att se! Vi kan sitta på golvet hemma hos nån av oss sen och teckna. Skulle behöva hålla igång de där tecknarmusklerna jag med ... Pratade just med en tjej som pluggar konst i Polen, och där kör de visst tredagarsstudier (alltså EN teckning utöver TRE dagar) och andra mardrömslika grejer. Skulle kanske behöva det ändå ...

Svala said...

huoohaa det där polen tecknandet låter mardrömsliknande men jo det är ju nyttigt antar jag. Sitta på golvet och teckna däremot är jag helt för! Låter himla trevligt, än mer så med en kopp te. ;o) Det kanske blir höst tradition sen who knows? =o)